Work Related Skills
The purpose of the Work Related Skills Strand is to develop employability skills, knowledge and attitudes valued within community and work environments as a preparation for employment. The development of employability skills within this strand provides learners with a capacity to consider and choose from the range of pathways.
The Work Related Skills units have been developed to recognise learning that is valued within community and workenvironments as preparation for employment which may not normally be recognised within other qualifications.
Locally developed programs that use different social and work contexts to develop the interests and employability skills of young people can be selected for inclusion in the Work Related Skills units.
The Work Related Skills units are designed to:
- Integrate learning about work skills with prior knowledge and experiences
- enhance the development of employability skills through work related contexts
- develop critical thinking skills that apply to problem solving in work contexts
- develop planning and work related organisational skills
- develop OH&S awareness
- develop and apply transferable skills for work related contexts.
Curriculum selected for this strand can include:
VCE VET units