Our tutor program provides students with targeted learning support.
It involves the withdrawal of students from the classroom for targeted sessions based on their individual learning needs. Classroom teachers have formulated Individual Education Plans (IEPs) and the tutor plans for and implements sessions based on the IEP goals. Student progress is monitored regularly and shared with classroom teachers and teams so that they remain informed. Being a fluid program, it may be common for students to move in and out to meet individual needs.
That’s why we work collaboratively with children, and their families, to identify exactly where the gaps are in their learning. We then tailor an individualised tutoring program to meet their needs and their learning style. This helps each child build the skills, motivation and confidence that they need to reach their potential and succeed at school. Our specialist tutoring areas include:
- Literacy: reading, writing, spelling and comprehension difficulties
- Numeracy: maths difficulties, working with numbers and worded problems
- Dyslexia and dyscalculia
- ADHD and Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Learning disabilities and difficulties
- Study skills and project strategies
- Concentration difficulties
- Planning, time management and organisation skills.